Sunday, July 29, 2012

First Blog Ever

Okay...this is my first blog...ever.  Actually this is my second one now because I just deleted the "first" one on accident...welcome to my life.  I was worried about starting a blog because I did not really know the "right way" to do a blog but from what I have read there really is no "right way".  To me that is very encouraging!  The reason I decided to start a blog was because I think I have a very interesting life and I thought maybe other people would think so too.

I work at a school for children and adults with special needs and if you have ever known anyone with special needs you know how amazing they are.  They have to work twice as hard as any of us and they are some of the strongest people I know.  They never cease to amaze me!  On top of my students being the most inspirational people I have ever known they are also very entertaining.  There is definitely never a dull moment.

I am also engaged! My picture is of that very moment.  One of the best moments of my life.  So as of right now I am also a wedding planner.  I have always been that person who said that I wouldn't let planning a wedding stress me out...well it is already stressing me out and it is a year away!  Even the fun part (trying on dresses) stressed me out.  But the stress always comes down to money.  I worry way too much about money.  I just have to keep telling myself that everything will fall into place and I still have a year for it to do so.  I just need to RELAX! I will let you know how that goes...

This past summer has been a crazy one.  I feel like I have barely been able to breathe.  I took a Geology class online which was crazy!  I think I passed with a B though!  I am also taking a college algebra class online which started about three weeks ago and I am super behind.  Hopefully I will be able to catch up! But I will let you know how that goes as well.  On top of school this summer there have been many crazy things I have had to deal with but this past week was terrible.  One of my dogs Sunday got into the trash and ate a... well let's call it a "feminine product"...if you catch my drift.  She threw up one on Wednesday and was throwing up that whole day.  The next day she acted perfectly fine.  Ate everything okay and was able to use the bathroom or as the vet's say "defecate"  but I don't like that word one bit.  Then Friday she refused to eat and was unable to use the bathroom(that is actually kind of funny because dogs don't use the bathroom...not mine anyway).  Any who I freaked out because she started walking funny and was very lethargic.  So I took her to a 24 hour emergency clinic.  Talk about SUPER expensive compared to our small town vet.  Anyway...they took radiograms (I think that is what they called them) but they said that a lot of times those "feminine products" don't show up because of the material they are made of.  So poor Sunday had to stay overnight so that they could keep fluids in her.  I was a mess...the last time I took an animal to the pet hospital I had to put him down because it was going to be way too expensive (the "he" I am referring to was Casey and I's hedgehog Zac, may he RIP).  I even cried when I had to sign those terrible papers saying that I gave them permission to kill my poor little guy.  But any who back to last night I cried all night and poor Casey tried so hard to cheer me up.  Thankfully everything went okay with Sunday so I went and picked her up this morning.  She was a little more energetic than she had been the day before.  When I took her to our small town vet he said that he felt strongly in having her go through an exploratory surgery.  I nearly had a heart attack because the night before my mom had told me if we had to do surgery we would most likely have to put her down because we just couldn't afford it.  But thankfully our small town vet charges A LOT less then the emergency hospital was going to.  So poor little Sunday went through surgery this afternoon and woke up a few hours ago.  They said everything went fine...they found TWO "feminine products" in her little tummy (Sunday is a toy schnauzer...7 pounds).  They are going to watch her all weekend to make sure no infection sets in.  I will let you know how that goes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment